This year’s track and field season has gotten off to a great start! Check out who some of the best track organizations are from across the country:
1. Above Xpectations Track Club (Wilmington, Delaware) – Above Xpectations has top notch athletes in almost every event, giving them a lot of opportunities to score team points. Their recent team victory at the 2013 AAU Indoor Track and Field Championships helped them seal the number one spot. Above Xpectations dominated the 800M and 4×400 relays, and will be the team to beat over the summer.
2. i5 Elite (Odenton, Maryland) – This team is loaded with speed, talent, and endurance. Their 2013 USA Track and Field Indoor National Championships shows that they can hang with the elite. 200M, 400M, 55M and field events are what they are known to dominate in.
3. Georgia Favor Track Club (College Park, Georgia) – The Georgia Favor looks like they are picking up where they left off from last season. Rashad Pollard was a stallion at AAU Indoor Nationals, taking home the gold in every event that his competed in.
4. Lightening Spikes Track Club (Lilburn, Georgia) – The team in the orange and grey will be a dominant force in the outdoor track season. Gold medalist in the 800M and Long Jump, Julian McDuffie, wowed the crowd at AAU Indoor Nationals. The depth of this team, along with their speed and coaching, will make them very hard to beat this summer.
5. Memphis Mustangs Track Club (Memphis, Tennessee) – Memphis has great speed and dominance for the sprinting events. Kaleb Conway finished 1st in the 800M and 400M at AAU Indoor Nationals, helping his team excel and placing them the radar
6. Mark Trail Flying Eagles Track Club (Decatur, Georgia) – Mark Trail has some of the nation’s fastest youth sprinters on their team…literally! Jessica Shelley ran two great races, and broke the records in both the 200M and 55M at AAU Indoor Nationals. But, Shelley is not the only star on this well coached squad.
7. Gazelle Track Club (Atlanta, Georgia) – The Gazelle Track Club has been on the scene for a long time, and always manages to produce some of the top talent in outdoor track and field. This year will not be any different from the past. With Kennedy Simon leading the way in the 800M, Gazelle looks towards the Junior Olympics.
8. Jackrabbit Track Club (Suwannee, Georgia) – The Jackrabbit Track Club looks good in the 200M, 100M, and 1500M. Coach Andre has prepared his athletes well for the upcoming outdoor track season.
9. Greater Houston Track Club (Houston, Texas) – Greater Houston had a great showing at AAU Indoor Nationals in their younger age divisions. The outdoor season will be another great opportunity for them to shine.
10. Trial by Fire Track and Field Club (Nashville, Tennessee) – This track and field team has a lot of athletes to qualify for the Junior Olympics last year. This year they look to take it to the next level.